With Nathan handily away on a work trip to Portsmouth, it was left to me to entertain our little ghouls for Halloween. Abbey and I spent the morning preparing our pumpkin – she scooped, I carved. In case you can’t tell it is a witch’s profile and very impressive, if I do say so myself!
Luckily, the Peach family came to the rescue for the evening, inviting us to join them in some Halloween fun in their village of Biddestone. Zac decided tonight he would channel his inner monster whilst Abbey chose her outfit as a witch’s cat. Whilst not represented pictorially, I chose to wear the scariest thing I could find in my wardrobe, the 60s flower power dress I purchased in Cologne last Christmas – Zac felt I was being ‘most embarrassing’ until he saw the hag Kate had turned into! (Seriously, she looked fantastic!) We joined the Peaches for a few Halloween shots prior to meeting the rest of the local ghouls on the village green (complete with duck pond it is all just so English!)
Getting into the Halloween spirit (pardon the pun!)
With the Peachs: William
Freddie
and Elizabeth
The family voted most destined for the stage!
The kids had an absolute ball trick or treating throughout the village. For us grown ups it was a little more stressful herding children dressed in dark clothing along mainly unlit streets. By the end of an hour they had collected just a few too many sweets but we managed to make it to the pub with no one lost, run over or having fallen into the duck pond so it wasn’t all bad. We then proceed to spend the next hour or so playing Halloween games at the Biddestone Arms and attempting to get the kids to eat some ‘real’ food for the evening. Needless to say we had to drag some very over excited and over tired children home to bed that evening.











Great pumpkin Paula and I love that purple hair.
ReplyDelete