On June 22nd year 4C went to Slimbridge, a wetland on the Severn estuary. We went here because we have been learning about the Severn and rivers in general. We left school at 9:00am. We went in the mini bus. The girls were singing, while the boys were playing on their games and telling the girls to stop singing.
When we got there we had a snack and a drink, and waited for Emma and Kate (Archie and Freddie’s mums). When we got in we got a bag of grain each. There was a feeding place where the swans could come out of the water. Before that we went up a tower and we could see all of Slimbridge. I even saw some flamingos. After the tower we went down to the feeding area I fed a swan and it tried to bite me! Next we went to one of the hides and we saw some flamingos on the way.






At the hide we saw lots of birds in a lake, we had to rush to go to the otter talk. I asked the man how heavy they got and he said the heaviest they have got is 10kg. During the talk we watched two otters swimming around in a sort of pond. We went back to the main building and a lady told us about how important water was for plants and animals. We went to “welliebootland” for lunch. It had running water like a river. I had a ham sandwich for lunch. After lunch we went to the biggest hide and saw lots of ducklings. Last we went to the shop and I bought a stuffed toy duckling before hopping on the bus to go back to school.



Well done Zac. Are flamingos as pink as they look in these pictures?
ReplyDelete